.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

College and Herb Block Foundation

Of either your courses, activities, internships, and work vex, which one did you ? nd most rewarding or in person satisfying? Explain why. The most rewarding work experience that I nurture had was to work as a volunteer for the International chest at Northern Virginia Community College. Personally, I considered volunteering responsible work because it requires magazine effort and commitment. Working as a volunteer with the International power was meaningful to me because I was able to instigate so many students in achieving their dream of obtaining an American college education.I was able to military service the International Students and to give them a better understanding of the resources that NOVA offers to international students. Furthermore, my responsibility was to arrange student get-togethers and in so doing build a sense of connection and cohesion. My purpose for volunteering was to assist international students, many of whom are away from home with real smaller sup port at a very young age, with making a smooth transition in to a new coulter. This is particularly all-important(prenominal) to me because I am a dual citizen of America and Pakistan and understand the worry of assimilating into a new culture.FUTURE GOALS Based on your current achievements and interests, guide the kind of work that you plan to be doing in 10 years, twain in your career and in your community. My goal is to get my Masters in Information body and Operation Management (ISOM). I chose this major because I have strong curiosity to learn about Information System Technology. However, I am also interested in business. I am excited about my major because ISOM, which is a mixture of IT and business, leave behind mastermind me to be successful in the future.Furthermore, in 10 years, I swear to be working with Multi Complex Corporations well established in a successful career, after earning Masters in (ISOM) Information System and available Management. I am very confid ent that in next 10 years, I will be in a position that will to utilize my talents and use my skills to solve important problems facing our world today. I see myself inviting new and exciting challenges in ISOM field. Also, I believe that end-to-end my study I will be able to help my community by providing them information about IT skills and about its advantages which would encourage young heartfelt deal to learn more about it.How has a family member, mentor, or personal experience been in? uential in your life? My personal experience and family land have a strong influence on me and on my education. I am motivated to graduate college because neither of my parents graduated from college. I am whole the second person in my family to attend college and hopping to achieve my goal of obtaining my Associates of erudition in Information Technology and then attending a iv years institution. Moreover, the hard work of my parents has always inspires me.In addition, I am very thankful to them for supporting me in my efforts in of obtaining an education. Form my cultural background perspective, very often girls are not allowed to get an education provided I really appreciate my family for providing me the opportunity to get a good education so I can have a brighter future. In 2012, I graduated with 3. 8 GPA form T. C Willimss high school and last semester at NOVA I dischargeed with a 3. 4 GPA. I am very passionate about my studies.However, my fiscal situation has proven to be an obstacle in my pursuit of academician success. My financial situation does not allow me to focus solely on my academics this is why I am applying for the Herb Block Foundation Scholarships. I hope through this scholarship, I will be able to finish my community college career without finances being a barrier to my success. With the help of the Herb Block Foundation I will forge a brighter future my family my community and myself and ultimately the world at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment